This was my first attempt at a Tri-Shutter card and it was actually much easier than I thought it would be. Thanks to Janene Wawro for the instructions. (You can also google "Tri-shutter Card" and there are videos and all sorts of tutorials available.)
Here are some simple instructions to follow:
- Cut 5 ½ x 12 piece of cardstock
- Place widthwise in paper trimmer, and SCORE at 2”, 4”, 8”, and 10”.
- Turn lengthwise, and line the right edge of your paper at 1 ½”. Lift your blade and cut between the 2” and 10” score lines only. Turn your paper and repeat with the opposite side, lining up the edge of your paper again at 1 ½” and cutting between the 2” and 10” score line.
- Fold along the four score lines, using "Mountain" and "Valley" folds, making sure to line up the paper edges as you fold, and making sharp creases as you go. A bone folder works great.
- Take the center section only, and fold the crease lines in the opposite direction. Close the card and re-crease all of the folds. The base of your card is now complete, and the finished size is 4 x 5 ½, just slightly smaller than a standard, invitation size card at 4 ¼ x 5 ½.
The flowers are cut from the cardstock included in the Dream Pop paper pack using the Art Philosophy cartridge. If you aren't familiar with the Art Philosophy cartridge, it is the first Cricut cartridge that Close To My Heart introduced. It has 700 images on it, comes with 3 stamp sets, and chipboard pieces.
The frame on the front of the card was also cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge then stamped with the Frame Flair (D1546) and Joyful Birthday (B1419) stamp sets.
I embellished my card with the following:
Black & Grey Glitter Paper (Z1829)
Claire Assortment (Z1813)
Sparkles Clear Assortment (Z1752)
You only have until May 31 to get your Dream Pop paper pack for just $10 when you place an order of $35. That's a savings of $9.95. Click here to start shopping.
To sweeten this deal even more I am offering a giveaway to everyone who purchases a Dream Pop paper pack.
For every pack of Dream Pop that you order you are entered into a drawing for one of the following:
- $40 worth of FREE product from me
- $40 toward a Workshop, Crop, or even my August Slumber Party Retreat
Thanks for stopping by.