Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cricut Class–Artbooking Cards

For all of my Cricut classes this year I am using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge, which is primarily purposed for Scrapbooking layouts and mini albums.  However I was getting a little tired of making layouts every month so I used the Artbooking cartridge to create cards.

Artbooking Class 07 (01) - Smaller

I was really proud of myself when I was finished and I thought they turned out pretty good.

Artbooking Class 07 (4)

Almost all of the cuts use the Real Dial Size button since all of the images are linked to their designed scrapbook page.  So this overlay was cut at Real Dial Size 4” then you just cut strips of patterned paper to lay behind it.

Here’s where I was really proud of myself, once you cut that overlay you end up with lots of arrow cuts.

Artbooking Class 07 (5)

So I used them on this card as a border.  Pretty cool, huh? No wasted paper here.

Artbooking Class 07 (6)

Remember those arrows, well here they are again.  And now you might be wondering if I used all of those circles and stars that came out of this overlay and the answer is……

Artbooking Class 07 (3)

…almost!  I used the stars on this tag card and envelope.  I got a little carried away with all of these animals from the Wild Wonders stamp set (C1558) because I thought they were so cute.

What I really love about this tag card and envelope is that whoever you give it to can now use it on a scrapbook layout. 

Artbooking Class 07 (2)

You can join me and create all 4 of these cards at my next Cricut Class, Saturday, July 26 at 9am in my studio in Amelia, VA.

Cost is $10 if you own the Artbooking cartridge. Simply bring your Cricut, Artbooking Cartridge Bundle, and I'll supply the rest.

Cost is $20 if you don't own the Artbooking cartridge, because I'll cut all of your pieces for you ahead of time.

Receive a $5 discount if you stay for the All-Day Crop on the same day.

Leave a comment or contact me to attend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment