Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Card Club–Brushed

Have you ever wondered how I design for my classes?  Well, last August when we came out with a year-long Idea Book I was overwhelmed.  There were so many great paper packs, stamps, techniques, tools, and projects that I decided I needed to narrow it down.  So I decided that I would focus on one section of the book each month and design all of my classes around that section.

So starting in February we are using the Brushed paper collection and stamp sets within that section of the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (1)

Above are the 4 card designs that we will be creating at my next Card Class.  This section of the book had so many great stamp sets that it was really hard to narrow it down.  So each card uses a different stamp set.

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (7)

This first one is probably my favorite.  My good friend Gina Brandstetter created this card using the Rainy Day stamp set (C1597).

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (8)

I had a lot of fun coloring on this one with our ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.  It’s so much easier than you think. 

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (2)

This card also uses the ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.  I learned a lot from coloring this one. 

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (3)

Start with the darkest color as a highlight on the base of the petals, then use a lighter color to color the entire petal, then use the Blender marker just on the tip of each petal, and last color the entire petal again with the lightest marker.  I can’t wait to share more about these techniques in my class.

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (4)

This card was created using the Celebrate Love stamp set (B1459) because one of my regular card club members requested we use this. 

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (5)

I used the same card design featured in the Annual Inspirations Idea Book, just with Brushed paper.

Cards 02 - CTMH Brushed (6)

This last card features one of my favorite stamp sets, Your Own Kind of Wonderful (D1627), simply because I love butterflies.

You too can join me in creating these cards.  We will make 12 cards in total (3 each of the 4 designs shown above). Even if you aren’t local, I can put together a kit for you and mail it directly to you.

So who wants to join in the fun?

Thursday, February 26 at 6:30pm

Sunday, March 1 at 2pm

Cost is just $25 to make 12 cards (3 each of 4 designs)

Register by Wednesday, February 11

If you can't make it to the workshop, I can put a kit together for you.  Add $5 if shipping applies, and $5 if you want it stamped.
Mark your Calendar for upcoming Card Club Dates:

March 26 & 29

April 23

May 28 & 31

June 25 & 28

Thanks for stopping by.

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment