Thursday, August 1, 2013

“Believe in Whoooo you are” Owl Card

Well, I hope you enjoyed the August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop yesterday. I would love to hear what you thought and how I did – I was really nervous. 

Today I am sharing the last of 3 projects from my upcoming Cricut Artiste Class

Artiste Class 08 (6)

Isn’t it so cute?  Denise Black created a similar card for her booth at last year’s Extravaganza for Convention.  I took her idea and changed a few things to create this card.  I just love how it turned out.

Everything (except the branch) was cut using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge.

Artiste Class 08 (8)

I used Chocolate and Autumn Terracotta cardstock for the owl.  This cartridge makes it so easy because you cut all of the images at the same size.  You don’t have to do any “figuring” to determine what size all of his feathers, eyes, etc. need to be.  It’s so easy.

Artiste Class 08 (7)

I wanted to do something really different for the card so I used the file folder cut and made that my card base.  I know that the card opens down and that’s not normal, but I just thought that this worked best. 

The sentiment is from a retired stamp set that was on special one month and I stamped it with White Daisy Pigment Ink.

So be sure to come back tomorrow for details on how you can attend my Cricut Artiste Class or purchase a kit to make all of these projects on your own.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment